Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

Okay, so I've been told by some that I have a problem... When I hear about an estate sale, a new antiques store opening, or a good yard sale--if it starts at 8:00, I'm in line at 5:30. Yes, I actually stand in all sorts of brutal weather waiting for that first glimpse of the treasures that are just inside...I can hardly wait for the doors to open.  I will be the first to admit that I have this illness (okay, addiction) but I don't consider it a problem...



I know I'm not the only one.  I have several friends who have the same illness and we've been known to stand in line for hours together at many sales...and to pass the time, we talk about which ones were good, who missed those good ones, which ones were not worth the wait and gas to get to them, and which ones are coming up.  We are an entire subculture that exists all around you.  We are your family members and co-workers.  We lurk online watching for new sales to be advertised.  We scour the classifieds in the paper and Craigslist.  We drive great distances to attend the ones that have good pictures.  We sometimes sleep in our cars so that we can be first in line!  Yes, we're addicts.

By the way, did you know that you could get into the Down in the Delta Vintage & Antiques Market for a couple of hours of early shopping?  You see, the General Admission Tickets get you in at 10:00; but the Early Bird Ticket holders get to come in at 8:00 on Friday morning.  But, you'll have to get those Early Bird Tickets (plural, because I know you'll want to bring a friend!) in advance.  The deadline is March 15, so you need to hurry.  

Early Bird Tickets are available with or without breakfast from the Sugar Kettle Cafe:  With breakfast the price is $28; without, the price is $18.

To get your tickets, follow this link:  Early Bird Tickets


No comments:

Post a Comment